The Cisco 2921 K9 Integrated Services Router (ISR) transfers highly secure data, video, voice and application service. Router’s modular design provides greatest flexibility, enabling the router to fulfill the developing needs. Hence, it is considered as one of the finest among Cisco 2900 series routers.
The important features of Cisco 2921 K9 ISR have been given below:
- Integrated call processing and Secure voice mail
- Intrusion-protection and various firewall functions.
- Standards-certified browser services of Voice XML
- VPN-virtual private network encryption acceleration based on hardware
- Provides flash memory of 256MB along with internal memory of 512MB
- Supports 2 USB 2.0 ports and 1 RS – 232 port
- Provides 10/100/1000 integrated Ethernet ports out of which 1 provides SFP connectivity
- Ensures 1Gbit/s data transfer rate
In order to protect the intellectual property of a business while ensuring easy workplace access to distant employees, it is necessary to use a secure routing mechanism. The Cisco 2900 Series Integrated Service Routers smooth the progress of secure trade transactions and business relationships by providing following security features in Cisco Router 2921 K9:
- Highly developed application inspection and control including threat protection
- Enables more scalable and convenient VPN networks
- Supply greater IPSec throughput involving reduced operating cost for the route processor
- Secure connectivity
- Integrated threat control
- Provides identity management
Cisco router 2921 K9 is a first class integrated services router with a small and compact body, comprising of the following dimension
- Weight is 465.6 oz (13.2 kg)
- 2.5 GM maximum memory
- 512 MB fixed onboard ECC memory
- Provides expansion type of UDIMM with ECC along with 1 expansion slot and in 512MB, 1GB and 2GB UDIMM sizes
- Provides slots for embedded hardware encryption acceleration and voice as well as for the video capable digital signal processor
- Offers greater level of service integration with video, voice, security, Wireless, data services and mobility. This results in better efficiencies along with cost saving
- Allows business to rapidly arrange advanced features without requirement of any new IOS image.
- Enables consumption in a high speed WAN environment along with synchronized services allowed up to 75 Mbps.
- Enhanced video capabilities
- Enables greater-bandwidth module-module communication
- No compromise on routing performance.
- Client can control power to the modules according to the time of day.
- Lower ownership cost
- Does not support ISDN connections
- Does not support DSL connections
- Does not support wireless LAN connection
Ease of Use:
Common interface cards used across a network make Cisco 2921 K9 user friendly by:
- Significantly reducing the complication of organizing inventory necessities
- Implementing huge network rollouts,
- Maintaining configurations across various branch-office sizes.
The Cisco 2921 K9 routers are future-enabled high performing products offering unparallel cost of ownership savings and networking agility through embedded multi-core CPUs, sustenance of DSPs (Digital Signal Processors) of high capacity for future improved video capabilities, extremely powered service modules with superior availability, Gigabit Ethernet switching through enhanced POE, and latest control capabilities which enhance the overall system performance.
“Good for low to large scale organizations ”
Following features of Cisco 2921 K9 Series Integrated Service routers can act as a bottom line for Cisco, thus affecting its net earnings and overall performance:
- The Cisco Services Ready Engine
- Integrated Services
- Number of Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Capability of digital signal processor (DSP)