In these days, most homeowners have televisions in their home. This is the right electronic product that makes us feel happy, have new inspiration, get updated information, and even enlarge knowledge.
Let’s talk more about television; do you know what types of televisions are being used by most of the people now? If you don’t, there are two types of televisions that are popular in society: LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) TV and LED (Light Emitting Diode) TV. These televisions are manufactured by various popular vendors, such as: Sony, LG, Samsung, Toshiba, Panasonic, Sharp, NEC etc. They have different advantages and disadvantages, such as:
- Produces a more visible image display because LCD produces black and colorful pictures by selecting light emitted by CCFLs (Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps) technology.
- Available in various sizes, from smaller size (17 inches) to big size (80 inches).
- Do not produce any harmful radiation, so you and your family can watch movies or videos continuously for hours.
- Can be used as a computer monitor.
- Equipped with HDMI port that allows you to connect computer to this LCD TV.
- Saves electric power because it consumes low electric power so it reduces electricity cost per month.
- If LCD television is seen from a wide viewing angle low quality image is shown.
- Produces blur picture display due to low response time.
- Higher contrast level than LCD TV, so the LED TV can produce better quality images.
- Slim design, LED TV is designed with a 2.5 cm thick.
- Environmentally friendly because LED TV’s material can be recycled.
- Consumes low electric power about 20%-30% compared to LCD TV.
- Includes various powerful features, such as: digital picture process, digital TV Tuner, and many more.
- 20% more expensive than LCD TV. Price range of LED TVs is from £200 to £8,199.00.
In the end, we come to this conclusion that LED TV offers more features than LCD TV.