Data backup tape has always considered an important part of your storage and networking environment and one can simply not rule this fact out because backup tapes provide you with more physical control on your data backup. However, there are certain considerations and checks that you should consider whilst using backup tapes for the data storage, data backup and data archiving in order to stay at par with the best practices of industry.
Let’s now have a look at the checklist for data backup tape system:
- Firstly, You have to address the inbound and outbound cycle of back tape separately and gingerly
- When you are in outbound life cycle of data tapes; make sure that each tape is ejected correctly after completion, prepare an electronic list about your backup tapes, take service of trusted provider for moving your data offsite and make sure that the data is in climate-controlled environment
- During inbound life cycle of data tapes; verify backup tapes when they arrive through the electronic list; safely place the data cartridges into the designated racks and lastly, send a verified list to the respective people managing the outbound cycle
- Always make a data authorization and access list for the respective people and check it regularly to ensure that unauthorized people are not fetching or accessing your backup tapes
- Use barcode labels on your all backup tapes in order to automate the inbound and outbound tracking of data tapes
- Lastly, conduct spot checks of your data backup tape system intermittently to ensure that things are working out aptly.
After having considered the importance of backup tape in the commercial storage environment; ODSI provides you with the best and widest range of data backup tapes in an efficient and cost effective way whilst ensuring quantity discounts and instant delivery for the UK customers. Visit ODSI or Contact in order to secure the best in town deals.