The Cloud technology has taken the commercial storage world by storm; similarly, it has also raised questions about data security among the concerned people. As it is commonly said that, internet and security are oxymoron so people ask questions about the data protection on cloud. Fair enough – they should be concerned about the cloud security feature if they have to use the technology. Having considered this in mind, I looked up for information and came across an article about the security of backup data on cloud? This was an informative read to enlighten an individual about the basic security measures that should be taken by him to enhance the data security of cloud storage.
Let’s now have a look at the best practices to enhance the cloud security for your data backup:
- You can use outbound only connections to enhance your data protection on cloud because there are few solutions that does not require you to open ports on the firewall for communication purposes. In fact, communication is entertained via server which is already on the cloud; hence, your cloud security revs up
- Clients and servers should use identity authentication encryption in order to validate each other’s identity and to have a hedge against the hackers
- Allow customers to have unique authentication key fully in their control in order to make them see whether their respective data is protected from the third-party viewing or not.
- Modification of encryption key after a while is also considered important and it bolsters the above mentioned steps in a way that it further enhances the data protection on cloud. Therefore, you should have a feature of modifying the custom encryption key for authentication to have a better cloud security
- Lastly when you transmit information over the internet then make sure that, it is transmitted in the safest and securest way. Therefore, always use the appropriate protocols.
Recapitulating, data gains incredibly critical value when it comes to commercial usage and storage of data. Therefore, choosing and using right and secure technology is paramount in this regard. The world, today, is talking about cloud a lot but cloud security is another feature which should be given consideration before shifting your data on a cloud enabled platform. However, if things do not work out for you on cloud storage in terms of data security then you can always count on the data backup tapes and hard drives for secure and physically in-control data storage, backup and archiving. You can also check ODSI – Online Digital Solutions for the best in backup tapes and hard drives.